In our program we aim to equip 21st century technicians with modern techniques, among which data skills are some of the most important. We will expand the team with a dry lab TOA in Bioinformatics and Biology,
As a dry-lab TOA in the Biology and Medical Laboratory Research program, you will contribute to the practical training of new, young professionals in the biomedical, biotechnological, and forensic fields with data handling, analysis, and visualization skills. Your major work tasks will include:
- Maintain the dry-lab environment (Linux and Galaxy servers) to be clean, secured and organized.
- Prepare the classes and projects with proper and safe virtual lab workspaces.
- Make sure students/teachers are properly oriented in the dry-lab.
- Help students with their projects, give guidance during dry-lab practicals and workshops.
- Help teachers to prepare data classes and exams.
- One day per week wet-lab activities.
You will become a member of the Biology and Medical Laboratory Research program. Within this program we offer two majors: Biomedical Research and Forensic Laboratory Research. Currently we host ~800 students, among which 275 are freshmen. The program has 45 teachers and 11 teaching assistants at the moment, we form a dynamic and driven team which you could be a part of! Every team member has their own experience and expertise, but there is one thing that connects them all: the passion to help young professionals develop to a high standard.
We provide an environment where you can perform the best in the way you prefer. You will be facilitated with the freedom and opportunity to continuously develop. Meanwhile we offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- A monthly salary of a minimum of € 2,273.- to a maximum of € 3,077.- gross for a full-time appointment (scale 7, CAO HBO, the salary scale can be negotiated based on the person’s experience and quality).
- An end-of-year bonus, which is approximately equal to a 13th month.
- This posting concerns a potentially permanent position. We start with an appointment for 1 year.
- Option to work partly from home.
- Up to 50 days paid holidays (for 1.0 FTE).
- A good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
You like to help your students with your knowledge and enthusiasm. And you are a flexible team player who knows how to collaborate with colleagues. Furthermore you have:
- At least a B.sc diploma from a University of Applied Sciences, specialized in the domain of Biology and/or Bioinformatics.
- Minimal 1.5 years bioinformatics experience, especially on Linux server maintenance, Galaxy administration, cloud computing and high-throughput data handling.
- Experiences in R or Python programming.
- Basic skills in wet-lab experiments.
- Affinity to education and helping students.
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English.
- Ambition for self development and improvement.
Do you envision yourself in our team as a professional player? Please apply before 22nd August 2021 via the application button. Tell us in your motivation letter why you are interested in this challenge. Do you have substantive questions? Please contact Dr. Robert Sijbrandi, email@example.com ,+31885257489. We will do our best to provide you with an update on your application within 2 weeks after the vacancy has closed.