The following tuition fee amounts have been set for the 2023-2024 academic year.
|Bachelor’s and master’s degree students||Tuition fee amounts 2023-2024|
|EEA or Dutch nationality||€2,314|
- Certain student groups are exempt from paying the institution tuition fees for the academic year 2023-2024. These student groups pay the statutory tuition fees which also apply to students with an EEA nationality. The following student groups are exempt:
- Students with Ukrainian nationality who enroll for the first time at Avans as of September 1, 2023
- Students with Ukrainian nationality already enrolled at Avans in the academic year 2022-2023
- Students with Russian nationality already enrolled at Avans in the academic year 2022-2023, on the condition that they were also enrolled at Avans in the academic year 2021-2022
- Contract students (Erasmus+ or exchange), EEA and non-EEA students pay their tuition fees to the home institution during the exchange programme.
- Freemovers (individual EEA and non-EEA exchange students) pay tuition fees to Avans University of Applied Sciences. The tuition fees are calculated based on the amount of study credits (30 ECTS) the exchange programme represents. The cost for 1 ECTS is €75. If you are a freemover you have to fill out the Study and Course Fee Agreement and upload it when you register yourself. Please also send a proof of payment to the International Office via [email protected]. If we cannot process your payment or your payment is received after the deadline you will not be enrolled.
All obligations, financial or otherwise, must be met before you are entitled to take or resit exams and interim exams, participate in any educational activity or make use of facilities.
The tuition fees are reviewed annually, and are therefore subject to change. Read more about how fees are set on the determination of the institutional tuition fees page.
Payment of tuition fees
You pay your tuition fees directly to Avans University of Applied Sciences. You can only do this via a digital authorisation. You fill in your digital authorisation during your application in the online Studielink environment.
International students who do not have a bank account in the SEPA zone cannot issue digital authorisation for a direct debit mandate for the collection of tuition fees. These students need to transfer the amount to Avans University of Applied Sciences.
To meet the admission requirements, the full amount of the institutional tuition fees must be received by Avans University of Applied Sciences by 15 June 2023.
Follow these steps to set up and complete the payment:
Use a bank transfer (international money transfer) to transfer the tuition fees to the bank details stated below. The following points are extremely important if you want to ensure that your tuition fees are paid correctly:
- International Bank Account Number NL 24 RABO 0353 280 704
- BIC - SWIFT RABONL2U
- Registrant Avans Foundation
- Select Euro (EUR) as currency;
- Enter the option OUR under the costs associated with processing the international money transfer;
- Enter your student ID number in the reference field.
Read the following information carefully
- On 1 June, you will receive another message via Studielink on how to complete your payment in time. You do not need to take any action in response to this message.
- We are unable to process payments that are incomplete due to incorrect currency and/or an incorrect cost processing code, or payments without a student ID number. If we cannot process your payment, you will not be enrolled;
- Once the payment has been received and you have met all other requirements within the specified periods, Avans can apply for your student visa. If we do not receive your payment on time, we will have to withdraw your application for the coming academic year.
- If we do receive the payment on time, but have to withdraw your application for other reasons (e.g. you did not pass the intake/interview, or the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) advises us to do so), the money will be refunded as soon as possible.
In the tuition fee payment guide you find the tuition fee collection dates and the corresponding standard instalments amounts.
If you are in arrears with the payment of your tuition fees at Avans University of Applied Sciences. There are several ways to resolve your late payment of tuition fees.
Granting digital authorisation: EEA or Dutch nationality
You must register in Studielink first. In My Studielink, go to 'My To-Do List' and select 'Enter your payment details'. Enter your details here and specify how you want to pay your tuition fees. Avans must receive your digital authorisation before 1 September. If you miss the deadline, you will not be enrolled as an Avans student. However, in connection with the legislation relating to the pan-European direct debit scheme (SEPA) all arrangements must be in place for your enrolment, including the digital authorisation, by 31 August 2023 in order for the financial transactions to be processed correctly.
Tuition fees cannot be collected until your enrolment is complete. Please note that you issue a digital authorisation for a one-off collection or for collection in 9 instalments. If you pay in instalments you will pay €24 in collection charges.
Payment of tuition fees: non-EEA nationality
Students with a non-EEA nationality are required to pay their tuition fees in full prior to the start of the academic year. The amount needs to be paid by bank transfer. If the full amount is not received by Avans University of Applied Sciences before June 15, your application will automatically be canceled.
Terms of enrolment
Visit our Rules and Regulations page for detailed information on the terms of enrolment.