The following tuition fee amounts have been set for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree students, EEA or Dutch nationality: €2,209.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree students, non-EEA nationality: €8,452.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree students with Ukrainian nationality that enroll at Avans in September 2022 for the first time pay €2.209. Due to the war the statutory fees are charged as an exemption. This exemption applies to the academic year 2022-2023.
- Contract students (Erasmus+ or exchange), EEA and non-EEA students pay their tuition fees to the home institution during the exchange programme.
- Freemovers (individual EEA and non-EEA exchange students) pay tuition fees to Avans University of Applied Sciences. The tuition fees are calculated based on the amount of study credits (30 ECTS) the exchange programme represents. The cost for 1 ECTS is €75. If you are a Freemover you have to fill out the Study and Course Fee Agreement and upload it when you register yourself. Please also send a proof of payment to the International Office via [email protected] with a proof of payment. If we cannot process your payment or your payment is received after the deadline you will not be enrolled.
All obligations, financial or otherwise, must be met before you are entitled to take or resit exams and interim exams, participate in any educational activity or make use of facilities.
The tuition fees are reviewed annually, and are therefore subject to change. Read more about how fees are set on the determination of the institutional tuition fees page.
Statutory tuition fee reduction
Tuition fees for the first year of study are halved for nationals of the Netherlands, European Economic Area countries, Switzerland and Suriname who meet the conditions. For the academic year 2022 – 2023 this means the tuition fees are set on €1,105.00 for students that meet the requirements. This is not applicable to an EEA student that has been enrolled or currently is studying at a Dutch higher education institution. Details are available from the Dutch national government website.
Payment of tuition fees
You pay your tuition fees directly to Avans University of Applied Sciences. You can only do this via a digital authorisation. You fill in your digital authorisation during your application in the online Studielink environment.
International students who do not have a bank account in the SEPA zone cannot issue digital authorisation for a direct debit mandate for the collection of tuition fees. These students need to transfer the amount to Avans University of Applied Sciences.
Here you find the step-by-step payment instructions for students based outside the SEPA-zone.
Granting digital authorisation: EEA or Dutch nationality
You must register in Studielink first. In My Studielink, go to 'My To-Do List' and select 'Enter your payment details'. Enter your details here and specify how you want to pay your tuition fees. Avans must receive your digital authorisation before 1 September. If you miss the deadline, you will not be enrolled as an Avans student. However, in connection with the legislation relating to the pan-European direct debit scheme (SEPA) all arrangements must be in place for your enrolment, including the digital authorisation, by 31 August 2022 in order for the financial transactions to be processed correctly.
Tuition fees cannot be collected until your enrolment is complete. Please note that you issue a digital authorisation for a one-off collection or for collection in 9 instalments. If you pay in instalments you will pay €24 in collection charges.
Granting digital authorisation: non-EEA nationality
You register via Studielink. In My Studielink, go to 'My To-Do List' and select 'Enter your payment details'. Enter your details once you have opened a Dutch bank account.
Terms of enrolment
Visit Studentinfo for detailed information on the terms of enrolment.