Breda has a rapidly growing student population. This means finding suitable and affordable accommodation is a challenge. Student accommodation in Breda is scarce. Therefore, this page provides you with information about renting a room in Breda during your period of study.
Avans University of Applied Sciences does not own student accommodation. Instead, we have partnered with the 2 major housing associations in Breda to launch an accommodation reservation website.
What you need to know about these rooms
- All rooms are fully furnished.
- You will share accommodation with other students, usually international students.
- Rental prices range from €330 to €525 per month. This includes water, electricity, gas and internet access.
- You will need to pay the rent for the full semester in 1 payment when you sign the rental agreement.
Please be aware that a limited number of student rooms are offered on this website, so not all students can be accommodated via the 2 housing associations.
It is your own responsibility to obtain accommodation via this platform. If you cannot rent accommodation via YourStudentRoom, you will have to look for accommodation yourself via other channels.
If there are rooms available, you can reserve one on the condition that you have been selected by the coordinator of your programme and that you will be studying on an eligible Avans programme. Please be aware, that being selected does not guarantee a room. You will have to book an available room via the reservation website. Below you find a list of eligible programmes and the schools offering them.
Bachelor’s degree programmes
|Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
|International Business||Avans School of International Studies ABE|
|Finance & Control (international)||Avans School of International Studies AMF|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||Academy of Technology and Innovation ATix|
|Biotechnology||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
|Biorefinery Technology||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
|Business, Leadership & Sustainability||School of Economics and Business Management AMF|
|Disruptive Events||School of Built Environment and Infrastructure ADGO|
|Environmental Geography||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
|Forensic Biology||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST
|International Business Operations||Avans School of International Studies ABE|
|International Entrepreneurship||Avans School of International Studies ABE|
Avans School of International Studies AMF
|International Forensics||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
|International Project Management & Stakeholder Engagement||Avans School of International Studies ABE|
|Strategic Business Decisions||Avans School of International Studies ABE|
|Sustainable Entrepreneurship||School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology ALST|
How to apply
If you want to apply for a room, please send an email to your school’s contact:
- AMF: [email protected]
- ADGO: [email protected]
- ALST: [email protected]
- ATix: [email protected]. Starting in September? You will receive a registration form in June for housing via Avans.
- ABE: [email protected]. Starting in September? You will receive a registration form in June for housing via Avans. Starting in February? You will receive a registration form in November for housing via Avans.
Receiving your login details
If you have been selected (ALST, AMF, ADGO) or you filled the registration form for housing via Avans (ABE, ATix), you will receive an email containing instructions on how to book accommodation through the YourStudentRoom website.
If you will start your studies in September, you will be able to book a room early July. If you start studying at Avans in February, you will be able to book a room early December.
Terms and conditions
- If you will study at Avans for 1 academic year or longer, the tenancy period will be a full academic year. If you will study at Avans for 1 semester, the tenancy period will be this semester.
- The tenancy period is not flexible. Your rental agreement will start in the introduction week and has a set end date.
- You are not permitted to move to a different room or cancel the agreement during the specified tenancy period.
Other websites and agencies
You will need to arrange accommodation yourself if you enrol on a study programme not listed above or you have not been selected for accommodation by your study programme. It is encouraged to start your search early for the best chance of finding accommodation that fits your needs. In this case, please visit our general Finding accommodation page to get started.
If you have any accommodation-related questions, please send an email to [email protected].