Finding suitable and affordable accommodation in Den Bosch is a challenge. Student accommodation in Den Bosch is scarce. Therefore this page provides you with information about renting a room during your period of study.
Avans University of Applied Sciences does not own student accommodation. Instead, we collaborate with housing associations and letting agencies to make sure our students find suitable housing. Please read on to find out how you can secure a room in 's-Hertogenbosch.
Avans University of Applied Sciences has partnered with one of the housing associations in Den Bosch to launch an accommodation reservation website: studentroomsbrabant.com. On this website you will find available rooms in or around Den Bosch. To access, please register your details and pay the registration fee of €10. It is your own responsibility to obtain accommodation via this platform. If you cannot rent accommodation via studentroomsbrabant.com, you will have to look for accommodation yourself via other channels.
You can apply for an unfurnished room. If more students are interested in a particular room, allocation will be decided by lottery.
In addition to the unfurnished rooms there are also a number of furnished student rooms available. Please note that there are only a limited number of these available, which means not every student can be accommodated here.
You can book a furnished room if:
- you have been accepted on an eligible Avans programme. Please read on for the list of eligible programmes.
- you have been selected for housing by the programme coordinator. The email address for your school is listed below. Note that being selected does not guarantee you a furnished room.
- there are still rooms available. They are allotted on a first come, first served basis.
Details about the furnished rooms
- Furnished rooms are located throughout the city. Please check the map below.
- Rooms are fully furnished.
- You will have a private room and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with other students, usually international students.
- Rental prices vary but you will pay no more than € 625 per month. This includes water, electricity and gas.
Bachelor's degree programmes
Bachelor of International Business (AWO)
Master's degree programmes
- Master of Animation (AKV|St.Joost)
- Master of Arts in Fine Art & Design (AKV|St.Joost)
- Disruptive Events (ADGO)
- Drowning Cities (ADGO)
- Innovation & Creativity (Business Innovation)
- International Entrepreneurship (AWO)
- International Sales & Account Management (AWO)
Applying for a furnished room
If you want to apply for a furnished room, please send an email to your school’s contact:
|AWO IB||[email protected]|
|AWO IB Exchange - Minor||[email protected]|
|Business Innovation||[email protected]|
AKV | St.Joost
Once you have been selected to apply for a furnished room, you will receive a priority indication. You can check this status by accessing your studentroomsbrabant account. Please note you must have registered and paid the registration fee to obtain this status.
The priority indication will be shown in your studentroomsbrabant.com account:
- from July, if you will start your studies in September
- from December if you start your studies in February.
Please be aware that you will need to pay a €500 deposit if you want to book furnished accommodation. This will be your deposit for the entire rental period. You will be able to see the rooms online and book the one you have chosen once you have completed your registration and made the deposit payment.
Signing the rental agreement
Once you have booked your accommodation, you will be contacted by our housing partner Brabant Wonen with information on your accommodation.
If you start your studies at Avans in September, you will be contacted in August. If you join us in February, you will be contacted in January.
Terms and conditions
- The tenancy period will be a full academic year if you will be studying at Avans for 1 academic year or longer.
- If you will be studying at Avans for 1 semester, the tenancy period will be this full semester.
- The tenancy period is not flexible. Your rental agreement will start in the introduction week and has a set end date.
- The rental agreement cannot be terminated or adjusted during the specified tenancy period.
Arranging accommodation yourself
You will need to arrange accommodation yourself if you have enrolled on a study programme not listed above or if you have not been selected for accommodation by your study programme. It is encouraged to start your search early for the best chance of finding accommodation that fits your needs. In this case, please visit our general Finding accommodation page to get started.
If you have any accommodation-related questions, please send an email to [email protected].