Determination of the institution tuition fees
- Broad accessibility. We keep the rates as low as possible. The institution tuition fees are not set with a view to making a profit.
- Uniformity. We use one rate for similar study programmes wherever possible.
- Responsible use of government funds for the implementation of education.
- Breaking even. We apply a break-even rate as the lower limit. From 2010 this has consisted of the statutory tuition fees plus the average government funding per student. With the addition of a small supplement to cover the costs that we specifically incur in relation to students.
- Strategic positioning of Avans in the Dutch higher education sector.
The Executive Board seeks the advice of the Joint Consultative Council when determining and adjusting the rates.