International Orientation Days
The international study programmes of Avans University of Applied Sciences prepare you for excellent career opportunities in a range of professional areas. We are pleased to offer you the unique opportunity to get a taster of our courses, explore our campus and meet lecturers and current students before applying. Our two-day Orientation Days programme helps you find out whether Avans and its study programmes fit you. We are happy to provide you with accommodation and meals free of charge.
What you can expect
- Detailed information about the study programmes Finance & Control (international), International Business, Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology and Industrial Engineering & Management.
- The opportunity to meet current students and lecturers.
- The chance to take get a taster of our courses and experience our interactive teaching style.
- An introduction to the city of Breda.
- The opportunity to explore our campus facilities.
|12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.||Arrival and welcome at the hotel reception|
|1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||First day of the programme|
|6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.||Dinner with students|
|09:30 a.m.||Assemble at the hotel|
|10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Second day of the programme|
|4:00 p.m.||Closing session|
You are invited
If you are a high school student from abroad and you are interested in pursuing a full-time four-year study programme at Avans University of Applied Sciences, you are more than welcome to join us. Please make sure you are not required to have a visa to visit the Netherlands. Note that you can participate in this programme only once.
What Avans offers you
- A one-night stay in a hotel in Breda within walking distance of Avans. Note that you may be expected to share a room with a few other participants.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day and breakfast and lunch on the second day of the programme.
- A two-day programme during which you will get the full Avans experience.
You can enjoy this offering free of charge on the condition that you take part in the full programme.
What you will need to arrange
- Transportation to the pre-arranged accommodation in Breda. You can travel to Avans by car, train or plane. The airports of Eindhoven, Rotterdam-the Hague, Brussels and Amsterdam are within travelling distance of Breda.
- Funding for any personal expenses during your stay.
Registration for the Orientation Days in November 2018 will open in July. If you want to join, you can already fill in the pre-registration form. All pre-registered students will be notified by email once the official registration starts. Please note that only a limited number of places are available. These will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so register now to secure your place.
Watch the video to get an idea of what to expect.
Find us on Facebook and check out pictures of previous Orientation Days.
Please contact the International Office by phone +31 88 525 8001 or by email.