Avans University of Applied Sciences finds it important to ensure that all of its students’ academic studies go smoothly. This can be a challenge for students who take part in top-level sport, as they are often required to participate in a large number of events and training sessions. Avans University of Applied Sciences has therefore entered into a collaboration with the Olympic Network Brabant (ONB), making it easier for students who take part in top-level sports to combine their academic and sporting activities.
What to do
You should report your top-level sporting activities to the student counsellor on enrolling or as soon as possible after enrolling at Avans University of Applied Sciences. The student counsellor will give you an intake form to complete. The intake takes place prior to the academic year, again via the student counsellor, who will draw up a list of anticipated problem areas and explain the procedure. You yourself must submit the results of the intake to your study programme, which will draw up a learning contract with you setting out the agreements you have reached. This contract will then be submitted to the examination board of the study programme in question for approval.
Students who wish to apply for financial support should request an application form from the student counsellor. To qualify for support you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a student
- Proof of participation in top-level sport (valid ONB top-level sport pass)
- Only if you have fallen behind with your studies
- Declaration from school contact (delay due to top-level sport)
- Total maximum basic grant
- Maximum of 12 months
- Statement of other income
- Recommendation from student counsellor
- Interest-bearing loan converted to non-repayable grant after final examination