The international study programmes of Avans University of Applied Sciences prepare you for excellent career opportunities in a range of professional areas. We are pleased to offer you the unique opportunity to get a taster of our courses, explore our campus and meet lecturers and current students before applying. Our two-day Orientation Days programme helps you find out whether Avans and its study programmes fit you. We are happy to provide you with accommodation and meals free of charge.
What you can expect
- Detailed information about the study programmes International Financial Management, International Business and Management Studies, Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology and Industrial Engineering & Management.
- The opportunity to meet current students and lecturers.
- The chance to take get a taster of our courses and experience our interactive teaching style.
- An introduction to the city of Breda.
- The opportunity to explore our campus facilities.
Day 1: 15 March
|12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m.||Arrival and welcome at the hotel reception|
|1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.||First day of the programme|
Day 2: 16 March
|09:30 a.m.||Assemble at the hotel|
|10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Second day of the programme|
|4:00 p.m.||Closing session|
You are invited
If you are a high school student from abroad and you are interested in pursuing a full-time four-year study programme at Avans University of Applied Sciences, you are more than welcome to join us. Please make sure you are not required to have a visa to visit the Netherlands. Note that you can participate in this programme only once.
What Avans offers you
- A one-night stay in a hotel in Breda within walking distance of Avans. You are expected to arrive on 15 March in the morning and depart on 16 March at the end of the day. Note that you may be expected to share a room with a few other participants.
- Lunch and dinner on 15 March and breakfast and lunch on 16 March.
- A two-day programme during which you will get the full Avans experience.
You can enjoy this offering free of charge on the condition that you take part in the full programme.
What you will need to arrange
- Transportation to the pre-arranged accommodation in Breda. You can travel to Avans by car, train or plane. The airports of Eindhoven, Rotterdam-the Hague, Brussels and Amsterdam are within travelling distance of Breda.
- Funding for any personal expenses during your stay.
Registration for the Orientation Days in March 2017 is now closed. If you registered before 1 March 2017 you will receive further details via email shortly.
The next Orientation Days will take place in November 2017. Details about the November edition will be published on this website after March. If you wish to be informed about the upcoming Orientation Days please send us your pre-registration by filling out this form.
Watch the video to get an idea of what to expect.
Find us on Facebook and check out pictures of previous Orientation Days.
Please contact the International Office by phone +31 88 525 8001 or by email.